Lamborghini, the super sport car manufacturer, launched the new Urus SUV in the Indian supercar market, priced at Rs 3 Cr (Ex-Showroom). This is not the first time that the Italian supercar maker is trying its hands on SUV as it already has a history of making SUV, the LM002. But that’s a thing of the past. But Urus is the thing of the future.
A Lamborghini SUV may sound outlandish, but Urus is as exceptional as it gets. It has stance of a proper exotic SUV but at the same time it looks like a supercar on steroids, and by that we mean it shares a hybrid design of SUV and a supercar both. Carrying the typical Lamborghini styling elements such as the ‘Y’ designed taillights, sharp and edgy body design lines, and hexagonal styling bits both on the exteriors and the interiors.
Lamborghini Urus interior vs competition
Comparing the looks of Lamborghini Urus interior to its competition, the car gets signature Lamborghini hexagonal styling bits all across its seats and dashboard. It also gets the company’s signature red flip engine start button, and the flat bottom steering wheel just adds to the sporty appeal of the car. It gets triple digital screens for (one for the instruments, one for infotainment and one for comfort functions, including virtual keyboard feature with hand-writing recognition).
The Bentley Bentayga interior is more on the plusher side and is minimally sporty. Comprising of fully wood and cream leather built, all across its dashboard and seats. Unlike Urus, it only has a single digital screen placed in the center. Also, it doesn’t have a flat-bottom steering wheel, unlike Urus. The Porsche Cayenne Turbo interior comes fully drenched in black while BMW X5M gets dual black and red colored interior. It gets old-school dual clock meter that is certain to woo a lot of car enthusiasts who prefer analog meters over digital screens.
Lamborghini Urus engine and specification vs competition
- The Urus comes with a 4.0L V8 bi-turbo engine that generates a ton of power that officially makes it the world’s fastest SUV. This engine is capable of producing close to 478 kW / 641bhp of maximum power and 850Nm of peak torque.
- Talking of the Bentley, it comes powered with a huge W12 6.0 litre engine delivering 600 bhp / 447 kW @ 5000-6000 rpm and 664 lb-ft / 900 Nm / @ 1350 rpm.
- The BMW X5M draws its power from 4.4 L Twin Turbo Premium Unleaded V-8 engine churning out 567 bhp of maximum power at 6000rpm and 553 Nm of peak torque at 2200rpm.
- The Porsche Cayenne Turbo runs on 4.8L V8 engine, churning out 550 bhp of maximum power and 770 Nm of peak torque.
On paper, Clearly, Urus is the most powerful SUV against all of its competition.
Lamborghini Urus 0-100kmph run vs competition
The company claims acceleration figures of 0-100kmph in close to 3.6 seconds, which is seriously fast for an SUV. Bentley claims 4.1 seconds on the Bentayga, sharing same timing with the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. The only rival that comes really close to the Urus, is the BMW X5M, which crosses the 0-100kmph mark in close to 3.8 seconds. Just .2 seconds behind the Lamborghini Urus.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki Cars at AutoExpo 2018
Lamborghini Urus Price in India vs competition
- Lamborghini Urus price in India: Rs 3 Cr (Ex-showroom)
- Bentley Bentayga price in India: Rs 3.85 Cr (Ex-showroom)
- Porsche Cayenne price in India: Rs 1.83 Cr (Ex-showroom)
- BMW X5 M price in India: Rs 1.55 Cr (Ex-showroom).