If there is one motorcycle company which has grabbed most of the eyeballs at the ongoing EICMA 2016 then it is none other than KTM. The Austrian motorcycle company has unveiled many new bikes at the show and one of them being the new 1290 Super Duke R.
What are the upgrades?
- The first and the easiest to see change in the new Super Duke R is the new LED headlight and daytime running lights that now reminds of the KTM’s new adventure bikes.
- The bike gets redesigned body work. The bike now has even sharper body lines with new air intakes and tank spoilers.
- The handlebar is slightly wider and has been positioned slightly lower than before. The new position of the handlebar will aid to bike’s handling.
- The 1,301cc LC8 V-Twin engine now makes 177bhp on tap instead of earlier 170bhp.
- New 48mm upside down WP forks sits at the front which can be adjusted for rebound and compression damping.
- The new Bosch powered Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) now offers multi-stage and lean-sensitive ABS and traction control. It also has a supermoto mode that disables the ABS at the rear.
- There is an update that allows the bike to get full insane by killing wheelie control, traction control slip adjusts, and adds launch control. It is called track mode.
- The new updates also include a quick shifter, motor slip regulation, and KTM MY RIDE, which connects your phone to the bike’s display.
Don’t forget to watch the video below!